Guide to helping you decide on your subjects based on your career path and personal preferences while abiding by the needed basic requirements for your choice.
Please make sure before you fill your subject requirements, which faculty, university and country it is that you wish to join. Please be aware that the requirements vary from one choice to the other; especially if the choice is in a different country, in the following aspects:
- The number for subjects required.
- The minimum score accepted
- The subject level (IGCSEs – OLs/ASs/ALs) required
- The number of sessions required
Kindly find hereunder the basic requirements for the National Governmental Universities as per the manual given in the past Tansiq years in Egypt:
- 8 IGCSE OL Subjects with minimum grade C
- 2 AS Level subjects with minimum grade D
OR 1 A level subject with minimum grade D
Faculties are grouped under 3 categories based upon their prerequisites of the universities in Egypt:
First group of Faculties: (Scientific Group)
(Medicine – Dentistry – Pharmacy – Nursing – Veterinary – Physiotherapy – Agriculture – Applied Arts)
- Mandatory OL Subjects:
- English (ESL or First Language English) or English Literature
- The rest of the subjects are elective to complete 8 OLs/ IGCSEs.
- You must pass the Biology AL or 2 of the AS levels where the Biology is one and the other is chosen from AS (Physics or Chemistry or Mathematics)
Second group of Faculties (Engineering Group):
(Engineering – Computer Science – Agriculture “Engineering section” – Fine Arts – Urban Planning)
- Mandatory OL Subjects:
- The rest of the subjects are elective to complete 8 OLs IGCSEs.
- You must pass the Mathematics AL or 2 of the AS levels where the Mathematics is one and the other is chosen from AS (Physics or Chemistry or Accounting).
Third group of Faculties: (Theoretical and Arts groups)
(Arts: Literature – Law – Tourism – Business Administration – Political Science – Commerce – Mass Communication – Archaeology – Alalson: Languages – Tourism and Hotels – Social Work – Home Economics – Music Education – Physical Education – Art Education)
- It is obligatory to take the English Language: English as a Second Language or First Language English.
- The rest of the subjects are elective to complete 8 OLs IGCSEs:
(Physics – Chemistry – Biology – English Literature – Human Biology – Mathematics – Sociology – Psychology – Philosophy – History – Geography – German – French – Spanish – Latin – Economics – Accounting – Business Studies – Travel and Tourism – Art and Design – Information and Communication Technology